Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why Did I Get Married


My initial rating for this movie was a 6.5 outta 10 (the more I thought about it the lower it got). Even though it wasn't excellent I still recommend that people go see it because it had some funny, touching and thoughtful points in it.


I think that my reaction to the movie was tainted because I read a negative review for it in the Toronto Star (2 outta 5 if I remember correctly). I know a middle age white guy wouldn't appreciate the movie but he did make some good comments that seem to hold true to most of Tyler P's movies.


A) It was too long: Why Did I was just under 2 hrs but it spent most of that time showing the conflict and not enough time with the resolution which leads to the next issue


B) Ending was too rushed: Same thing with Daddy's Little Girls (which I loved Idris Elba in), the movie detailed everything in depth and then pulls a microwaved ending. Why Did I left me with a question or too (not important questions but still it would have been nice to know---I won't say what because it'll ruin it for you)


C) It was fairytale-ish with the ending: aka Happily ever after like. Which is expected from a Tyler P production


Like I said I still recommend people go see it because overall it's a good movie (highlights: 20/80 rule -from TD Jakes, Tasha Smith and the foine sheriff)


ciao
P.S don't forget that This Christmas (Chris Brown, Idris Elba, Perfect Holiday (Gabrielle Union), and American Gangster (Denzel Washington) are coming out this season!

No comments: