Monday, April 13, 2009

..::KEEP UP WITH THE NEW ME::..


It ain't easy keeping the new me away from the habits the old me had. Case and point: Last night at my weekly field trip to Wal-mart, I bought a bag of Ruffles All Dressed Chips (if you're American, All Dressed is pretty much a cross between BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion and Ketchup flavoured chips...wait y'all don't have ketchup flavour either!). Anywho within 12 minutes of purchase said large bag of chips...they were done! Never even made it on to the train home with me.


What the heck? No one said the new me can't have treats but a whole bag...I've blocked the size of the bag out of my head but I remember calculated it to be about 1400cals in the bag. Just like that at 10pm on a Saturday night. What made it so bad was that I wasn't hungry. And I was willing to wash it down with a big mac combo (supersize fries of course).


If I didn't call my friend I would have ingested closed to 3000cals that night alone!


He urged me to "think it through." He reminded me that I have weddings to look for and that I shouldn't be going overboard.


So what did I do today! After chinese for lunch, a latte, a jumbo carrot muffin...I went for a 75 minute run and 25 minute 15% incline power walk (4mph). Burned 1207cal and did 8.55miles (13.75km). So that was a 100 minutes on the treadmill!


There's one good thing about when I fall off I really compensate for it! 1207cals! Craaaazy!

No comments: