Monday, April 28, 2008

How the heck did I let it get THIS FAR?


Sometimes I think “If I had just lost this 20lbs when I came back from England I would be fine…at a svelte 150. Instead I’m at 172.7lbs.”

I came back from 2 years abroad in May 2007 at 170lbs. By August I was 190lbs…for the first time ever. Then I crept slowly to 194lbs. I then got on the right track but there has been a few up and downs to slim down to the 170’s again.

Now my issues are;
1. Why did I gain/eat so much?
2. How can I make sure I don’t go up again?


It’s so serious because the stats say that over 70 percent of people who lose a significant amount of weight put it right back on.

(tears) I don’t wanna be a statistic!!!

So now I look at the errors I have made and ways I can keep myself in check.

Errors:
Late night eating -I’ll drink herbal tea and go to bed
Over-eating -I need to recognize and respect when I’m full
Eating with my ‘fat’ friends- I love them I really do but I’ll be damn if I let them bring me down…again
Eating refined carbs and process foods –it’s all poison whose calories your body doesn’t use efficiently
Falling off my workout schedule-I shouldn’t go more than 3 days without some exercise
Choosing horrible diet buddies – they quit, I quit and that’s not good

Check tips:
Weigh in weekly once I hit my goal –no more or no less ‘cause it’ll make me go psycho
Have people to keep you in check- work out buddies that are serious
No sitting- I can do crunches and ball stuff when I’m watching TV

No more than one treat per week- like poutine, street meat etc.

Do extra exercise to compensate for my treat
Walk it out –especially after big meals and excessive carbs

That’s all I got for now…

No comments: