Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've Never Been...


This disciplined.


I haven't been this small since 2001. I am about 2 pounds from being the smallest I've ever been in life and I can taste it. Mind you, I'm not seeing exactly what I want to be seeing. For example even though I went from a 37 inch waist to about a 29, I still have a gut...a big one. My overall body shape is a wonderful hour glass figure but let me not keep my posture and see what happens.


Now I don't want abs of steel but I do want to reduce my body fat immensely. When I technically start this journey back in October 2007 I was 33% body fat. I feel like I'm still at 30 something. My legs are great-ish but my arms and my stomach need some more work. This makes me feel like I should go down to 140 at least but I feel like if I lose 50 pounds I better be my idea of perfect. Who wants to lose more than that?


To others I will look like half my size. But in my eyes I will probably still be a work in progress. Man, my diet and weight woes have left me with a horrible complex. I could become a meager 100 pounds and still think I'm a fatty.


Well the good news is that I have hope that when I boost up my running and start doing spinning classes (two great fat burning activities) I will see the fat melt off of me. And once the warm weather starts up I will starting doing weekend hikes and long walks like I used to do.


Starting Feb 1 I am adapting a 1-1.5 pound a week plan just so I don't go psycho when I don't see the scale budge in a week.


That plan will also increase my intensity while reducing my workout time. It's the fool proof plan I mentioned before. So assuming I don't fall off the wagon (I'm 21 days strong), I should be at 144 sometime in March (I have until March 31).



Note:.. GREAT FAT BURNING EXERCISES



1. Jogging

2. Stepmill (the revolving steps not a stairclimber)

3. Aerobics Classes (Cardio Bootcamp, Cardio Kick Boxing, Step etc.)

4. Spinning


No comments: