Thursday, January 8, 2009

THIS IS IT .::2009 IS MY TIME::.


I'm gonna make this update quick (or as quick as one can be after not posting for over four months).


I am at a wonderful 161.2. The smallest I've been in over seven years! I accomplished this with a lot of McDee's, fries and other junk food. Needless to say, if I was watching what I ate and stuck to working out I would have made it to my goal of 144 by the end of the year.


Well in 2009 I'm more focused than ever. I have 7 days of healthy eating and working out under my belt and I don't intend to let up until I see the 140's. Despite what haters may say, I am planning to be there by February 18th, 2009. It would be even better to be there by the 4th of Feb because that would be a year since me and my diet buddy started this particular goal.


Imagine, this time last year I was in the late 180's (187 to be exact). And that was a deficit from 194-the highest I've seen on the scale (but probably not my highest period).


Now I'm tasting the low 160's. I will be doing a boot camp class at the YMCA on Friday morning and I will weigh in to see if since Tuesday I've lost anything significant (come on 159!).


The sad thing about this is that I feel just okay at 161.2. I should feel on top of the world like I did when I first reached the 160's. Maybe it's all the hard work ahead of me that prevents me from celebrating now. I have 7 weeks to lose 18lbs and I'm only down 1.


On a brighter note, I am featured in this month's SELF Magazine for my first 35lb success. It would have been nice to do the total 50 in time to be featured but that was taking to long!


Right now I am more or less following Jillian Michael's 30 day plan in her book Making the Cut. I better be 150 at least by the 4th.


So on my agenda for the rest of the month is looking for a new full time position and keeping on track to be at 144 sooner than later!


Best of luck to all those who are doing the diet thing for the new year too. We're gonna need it!

No comments: