Thursday, August 27, 2009

i'm going for the gaunt look!


I have a day short of 6 weeks to get beach ready (again). This time it's Miami Beach. This will be the last trip in my world tour this year which took me to England, Jamaica and back to Toronto. I am looking forward to this event! It is also the last event I have to motivate me to get to 144.

I'm not impressed at the amount of times I kept pulling up just shy of my goal. I realized a few things this year though:
  • My eating habits not my lack of exercise is what causes me to go up

  • I get away with the odd cheat here and there but a week of cheating catches up with me a week later (some type of delayed effect)

  • Not eating out and working out everyday is able to take off any fluff weight I put on in a short time
  • for a 8-10lb gain of fluff weight (ie. came on within 2 weeks) only 7-10 days of doing the above is necessary...I can lose the fluff weight in half the time it took to put it on
There are a lot more things that I've learned this year. I have realized what it takes to stay under 165 for year! and how not to go back up significantly. Shout outs to Jasmyne Cannick for showing a sister that being a statistic and putting back on the weight isn't enevitable.

I've been in the 150's since January. 156 has been the smallest I've been since May but I want to get back to 152 during the first week of September and get rid of my last 8lbs before Miami (October 7).

I put the following in my mirror: Eat Right. Work Hard. Sacrifice.

That's what this thing comes down to. We go up and we go down but when I'm 144 you best believe that I'm not going back up to even 159- to 155 maybe, but no higher. That's why I want to get smaller...to have some breathing room....

No comments: