Thursday, December 10, 2009

Diets During the Holiday are Foolishness


Got my December issue of Shape Magazine and guess what the editor message is about? "Why I now ban diets during the holidays."

Pretty much she says that every pound that she loses from Thanksgiving to the New Years from withstanding the temptations she ends up putting back on, and more. To top it off she said she doesn't lose a lot. Something like 6 pounds.

I too have realized that diets in December are pointless. I am going to write off diets in the summer too (from Canada Day- July 1 to Labour Day). With all the get togethers it is pointless to try to lose anything. Instead I will focus on maintaining and, more importantly, enjoying!

Hey, I'm down more than 40lbs. I can binge all I want and I won't go back to the 194lbs I used to be. Wow. Sometimes I need to take a look at what I've accomplished and be grateful. Not eat 6 cupcakes in a row grateful but push myself on the treadmill more grateful. It's almost most 2010, a new year and I am ready more than even to continue to experience new adventures and more blessings in my life. Yeah!!!!

P.S. read Jasmyne Cannick's Take on Holiday Binging...

No comments: