Monday, February 23, 2009

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS GOOD TO GO...


I fell...horribly.

After my last posting, I had an instant relapse...even as we speak, I'm downing a jumbo carrot muffin and some doritos but guess what...I've still been losing weight!

Modern day science can't explain how after eating either mash potatoes, big macs and mcdee's fries and other junk at midnight did not cause me to gain weight.

I also didn't workout for a full 3 days! Saturday I went to the Y to get back on the track and when I walked by the dreaded scale I hopped on it...

I feared but desired to see what it had to say. After all, I needed to put a number besides that damage that my poor diet had done. When I looked down at the digital numbers though I saw 157. I couldn't believe it.

157, but you say, "weren't you 155?". Let me finish, not only was that 157 after binging since January 26 but that was 157 after eating breakfast and in shoes....

So after a 45 minute run, weight training and a step class...I stepped on the scale, shoes off, and I weighed 153.4!

I can't believe it! And besides my l'il indiscretions right now, I've been good for the past 2 days so I must still being on a losing streak!

I can credit this continuous loss to running. In an attempt to curve my poor diet effects I've taken to running 45-60 minutes daily (when I do work out!). This is darn impressive considering I couldn't run a minute last year. Anyhoo, I'm gonna try to updates this weekly as my goal has become more obtainable and my desire more serious. I need to go shopping and I'm not doing it until I'm at 144 (total loss of 50lbs in just over a year). So I need to reach that goal soon!

No comments: