Sunday, September 13, 2009

We all need to get us some "Scale B Gone"


I have been scale free for almost a week. I have to resist the temptation because if I do go on and see something I don't want to see who knows what I'm going to do.

12 days on the JM workout plan has me looking fit but the difference in my clothes is minute.

What's a girl to do? I have to focus on a fitness goal and never mind the numbers because they will drive me crazy.

I might even fore go weighing in on the 1st and just stick it out until October 31 (my 27th b-day). On that day two years ago I was almost 200lbs! It was my most saddest birthdays every. I hung out with my family and enjoyed going to Dave & Busters and all around Toronto but when I looked in the mirror (or thought about what was in the mirror) I didn't like what I saw.

I was fat, single and jobless. I had never been in such a bad state before and it was depressing enough for me to cry. On my quarter century celebration!

But thank God for his grace because the following year things had changed. I moved across the country, I was a published writer and I was 30lbs lighter. And this year even more has changed....I am now 40lbs lighter from that point (hoping to make it 50lbs by that day).

October 31, 2009 will be my official move from being in my mid-twenties to late-twenties (kinda yuck). But with knowing that I'm older comes celebration of all the victories I have had. Not everyone can live on their own in a different country, lose 40lbs and keep it off and be liked by ever new person they meet. The favour of God is definitely upon me. And because of that I know that this weight will come off and I will accomplish my fitness goals once and for all! the when is the real question.

soon.....

No comments: