Thursday, March 12, 2009

IT'S NOT A CHEAT...


IT'S A TREAT.

That's the new mentality I have to have seeing as in 20 days or so I will never be on a diet again! I had a whopper combo tonight...at 10pm! No biggie. I think I will go until the 31st without weighing myself too! It is what it is at this point. I know how and when to eat and I will just being using my common sense to make things work. I mean my friend said this to me the other day and it's sticking, "I don't give myself enough credit." I don't.

It been almost a year since I've pretty much been under 170. That's a first since like 2001 but yet I'm desperately chasing to see a number that may not be in the cards for me. I'm not saying that I can't do it if I put my mind to it, I'm just saying...is it worth it?


I wanna get into the 140's so that even when I fall off the wagon I don't have to worry about seeing the 160's. I know I will get there eventually but is it worth me forsaking EVERY socializing event in the meanwhile.


No one truly understands how it feels to live with the fear of putting back on weight. I wonder how Ricky Lake feels...she's now around 124, way below the 260 she used to be. Does she remember how big she used to be? And does she worry about going back.


My friend told me this today though, "Oprah says that you should thank God everyday for the body that you have--and it's so true." Thank goodness for great friends that can support you when you have a diet related melt down...


I need to be grateful...I have come a long way and I need to just think of me being me now and not worry about how I (my body too) will be in the future!

No comments: