Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm not saying that I'm done..

I'm just gonna take my time!


Sounds like a cop out but after seeing 161 on the scale six days ago, I truly began to understand how fickle this weight loss thing is. I now see 150 something again...but it's still alarming.

I just have to realize that slow and steady wins the race. So i think I will be grateful if I see 150 by the 31st! That's all I want! Seeing 144 eventually will be hot but after being 157 then 153 then up to 161 and back to 155 in just a couple of weeks, I realize that the number isn't everything.
I went to a former p/t retail work place of mine, Reitman's, last week. Back in 2000 my cousin had to surgically remove me from a pair of size 11 jeans and last summer even after losing 30lbs I was still an 11, but on Friday I was fitting into size 7's there! That was my goal..to be a 7/8. At Jacob I was a size 6 in a dress but in two different styled pants I squeezed into a 6 and an 8. The sizing game is just as fickle as the scale game so I will not let those numbers get to me either.

So now that I only have 5lbs to do in 3 weeks I feel much better. It's completely obtainable. But don't get it twisted, I will be 144lbs soon! Definitely before my trip to Jamaica! Can you say "two piece!"

No comments: