Wednesday, October 14, 2009

..::Diet Books::..


I can't say that I didn't make it this far without taking a look at a few diet books in my life.

Most recently I have used Jillian Michael's Making the Cut. A book for losing your last 15-20lbs. Quickly I will list the pros and cons
Pro:
  • very detailed- includes diet and workouts
  • helped me lose 9lbs in the 30 days
  • is only a 30 day plan
  • workouts are short
Cons:
  • big azz book
  • too big to be bringing around to the do the workouts (even though I did)
  • not enough cardio (she recommends we add it on ourselves though)

Overall Making the Cut is a good book. It follows through on it's promises. I didn't follow the diet plan (at all-ate out and fast food twice a week) but I still got results and now, 2 weeks since I ended, I am still cut.

I have the Eat Clean Diet book. It's small and full with bright colour pictures but I haven't really used it. I will do that start that in November.

I recently finished reading Such a Pretty Fat. Jen Lancaster is a funny writer. Her sarcasm reminds me of my friends but honestly, almost 400 pages and all she did was lose 40lbs? (she started at a size 24 or something).

She gets props from me for losing even a pound. I was just disappointed that it took her over 200 pages to get started. I could only take the wittiness for so long. Along with that, the fact that she never mentioned what she started at cheesed me too. I mean, I was reading the book because it might be a success story. Something that might inspire me. My overall impression is that procrastination and excuse making is all that fat people are good for. Myself included. I mean, I've been trying to lose my last 10lbs for over 6 months now. I need to get it together. I don't want to do Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig and because I'm saving for an Audi, I can't start boxing classes. But I need to get it together, just like Jenny did. So I guess, even though I don't know what she started at, she did inspire me a bit. To not be how she was in the begining of the book.

No comments: