Thursday, October 8, 2009

..::the new me::..


There are a few things I want to do...I think this blog is where I should begin to list them:

  1. Get friends who are living how I want to live
  2. Set Goals quarterly
  3. Work on query letters (yeah, I wrote a book too!)
  4. Spend two hours a week working on PDE (personal development exercises)
  5. Have devotion/meditate ever day
  6. Create a plan for an urban social network in Vancouver- with meet ups every weekend in the summer of 2010
  7. Budget concisely and effectively (refer to blueprints)
The list will grow. And in relation to one of my previous post, I am finally writing Stuff Fat People Like. I will post a link to it because I'm doing it for www.thedashingfellows.com.

This website should be shifting to better reflect the new me. I need to stop the perma-dieting! One friend said that since February I've been on like 10 diets. Even worse, last weekend my friend made the straight-faced comment that he just assumes I'm always on a diet!

Listen, I don't wanna be like Jen Lancaster, author of the funny Such a Pretty Fat, who talks and talks but is still over 275lbs (just guessing because over 200 pages into the book she hasn't dropped the exact damage). The more I talk the more people realize my imperfections and my weight. I need to snap this thing and move from talking about the negative (my gut is so big, my hips ugh etc.) to the positive (boxing has given me ripped abs, I've lost over 40lbs and have kept it off etc.).

I am 154 right now! That's great. And with my current progress I should be 149 by October 31. And then at 144 by December 1. Slow and steady does it. Even if it doesn't I'm in the safe zone (under 160 in shoes).

No comments: