Monday, October 19, 2009

..::Did You Lose Weight?::..


I knew from earlier this year that running was the best keep secret in losing weight. I also knew that because it was probably the most difficult form of exercise for someone who was not fit, that most people trying to lose weight wouldn't pick it up to help their efforts.

I have started running consistently again since the beginning of this month and I've notices the difference. Yes, the Buddha belly and turkey arms are still there but my stomach is looking fit! Any my face is looking slim. I figure if I keep this up until the end of the month, and don't over eat too much, I will be at 149 by my 2-7 b-day.

I am so happy that I'm at this point in my journey. Where I can enjoy food and still look good! Where I appreciate putting in a 30 minute run into my day. It's a great point. I wish more of my bigger friends were at this point.

I still have my last 10 to go but I'm taking my time. 1lb a week is good enough for me.

Note: the title of this post is one of the things that big people like the most. For more things read here and below.

There’s Stuff White People Like, Stuff Educated Black People Like, and so many more. This list is nowhere close to the over 100 “stuff” listed on SWPL but it features some key thing that my fellow fatties and I have grown to appreciate. What better way is there to kick off the Thanksgiving weekend than with this list? Enjoy!

-the following are in no particular order

New Restaurants
When I first moved to B.C. I was amazed at the number of American restaurant chains that were here. Red Robins, Papa John’s and IHOP just to name a few. I felt like a kid in a candy shop (no pun intended). New places give us an excuse to eat out.

Distractions at the Gym
iPods, Magazines, hotties lifting weights, funny workout partners: all are acceptable forms of passing time while cursing the invention of the elliptical

Fatter Friends
A fatter friend makes us look small by default. Just like an ugly friend can make one look hotter. It’s sad but true.

Value Meals/Fastfood Coupons
Any excuses to stop off at McDonald’s/BK etc. are welcomed.

Convenience
aka. not having to go the extra mile. Literally.

Cakes
Self explanatory.

Dessert Shops
Remember when Demetri’s started opening up everywhere? Or the first speciality cupcakes shop (now there are tons)? What about Marble Slab? Oh, the joy that was brought into our lives because we no longer only had Baskin Robbins.

Skinny Friends with “Big” Appetites
Truly, we like anyone who loves food like us.

Being Told We’ve Lost Weight
Nothing like being told that we look smaller to give us confirmation that our diet of Big Macs and Cinnabons is working.

Shoes
No matter how much we gain they’ll always fit!

No comments: