Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Evidence is in the Calves...


So for the past year I have been noticing a few truths about losing a large amount of weight (20% or more of total weight). One thing is how flabby arms are almost unavoidable. We might as well just get used to them and pray that they look presentable because it seems like only 10% of us will have Angela Bassett arms after weight loss.

The other thing is that the calf doesn't shrink proportionately. I look at all the female winners of The Biggest Loser and while they have shrank down to a sliver of what they used to be there calves are still huge. Me too. I've been bit by the big calf bug too. My thighs have gone down almost 5 inches while my calves have only gone from 17 to 15 inches. I'm not impressed.

Luckily even though look big still, because I have lost over 40lbs I am sure that no one notices that I still have problems fitting into knee high boots...

No comments: